Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Reading a friend’s blog let me think of one thing that it is us that ultimately determine the outcome of the circumstance not the circumstance itself; then that's when we grow. Circumstances change us because ultimately we decide how we want to deal with it, we either go stronger, weaker, tougher, softer etc. But in the end we decide how we can live our life up.

I remembered how my parents used to taunt us to do well in our studies and how those secondary school people and the other stuff that had happened had hurt me so much; and how in one sense that it had molded me to become who I am to a large extent. I suffer from inferior complexity and I always trying to cover it with wittiness and lots of loud personality, vowing that people will see a different me. But how each time God taught me how to stand up and challenge those ideologies I have. I am still being myself. I only hate it when I try to prove myself that I am good, and that hopefully people see it, and for that they affirm me and accept me, then that’s only partly me. I came both with weakness and strengths, joys and problems. One is truly accepted, when all is accepted.

The difference adults and children has is that as we grow up is that we try to hide who we are or what we face for the many reasons we know, always trying to give a strong end. I feel that I am myself despite challenging myself to grow; many people say that as you push yourself to stand up, that’s not you. Who says? I am still me, just that my personality is the same but when I stand up, it is my character that change. I love the freedom that no one holds me back. I am learning to share burdens with others. Remember as children we did not care about anything, we were free at times, but yet there were also times of disciplining. These were times we ran havoc but how much we hold on to friendships and our parent’s guidance to truly enjoy. It all came in a package but it was good. Difficulties, Struggles, tough people still came but I still have beautiful friendships and great parents and better yet extra help from God. These people make a difference in the circumstances I face and who I become. Well they are not perfect and often make mistakes, but hey they accepted mine, what more of them. Thanks guys for being there from the beginning to the end. I am who I am; but God loves me to let me remain there because He saw more than I could see in myself.

No comments:

Blog Archive