Today, i had woken up early about 7am. THat's pretty early right on a saturday? Today is really exciting and yet it is also making me nervous. I m going for the Local missions trip. This means that we will be sharing christ with people on the street in the area of Darebin where Hope Melborune plans to start another church. A sister called Shirley (If I am not wrong), drove us to Hope Waverly where i met this pretty crazy pastor called Peter Chong. A pastor with a strong passion for evangelism as well as a very enthusiastic and loud pastor. He had actually came to Melborune to teach people on how to evangelise and you could really see the sparkle in the eyes of the people to evangelise as well. I was nervous, but yet i feel very excited to share Christ to people as well. I was partnered with Ferry and I was very blessed by doing it with him. I learn about how he came to know God through Micheal(Adult) and his all out going spirit to reach out to people. We just approach anyone we could find. We prayed to have 10 contacts that we could see coming for the bible study that they were planning to start. However, Ferry and me did not get any good contacts, but we had one salvation from a 12 year girl! (I tell you, the people here do not look like their age, there was this guy who looked like 20, but he was actually only 13 years old). We approach anyone we could but we were glad that this girl recieved christ, however her mum came out to fetch her and told us not to disturb them but in a nice way. I prayed personally that this girl will continue to ask about this faith in school and that someone would come and help her too.
Few things i learn:
- Never underestimate sharing christ, it is not just about seeing converts alone, but seeing that a seed is planted. We pray to be the reapers, but sometimes God will use us as harvesters instead... Sharing Christ is more of an outflow of our heart and that we believe one day, the people we share to will be convinced to recieve Christ. They do not push people here very hard to recieve christ, but they believe in going all out for the people around them. My caregroup has visitors almost every week! We can do it too! RP must push on and Poly WOTS 400!
- Very encouraged by this sister who comes from China. Her name is Berry. She is a woman of simple faith and you can see that even that she is young in faith, she shares to people with so much conviction of God. She is one sister who never stops asking questions because she wants to grow. I have been very blessed by the spirit of the people in the church, that though it is a small church, their spirit, love and passion is BIG!
- A revelation: People struggle to share christ sometimes because maybe their life is not perfect. But i have come to realise, it does not take a perfect person to share, because we are never perfect. As long as we love God, who we deem ourselves does not matter, it is who we are in God and how we are moving to a change that is important. I kept picturing breakdancers, studious students, average students, sporty students gathering together. Different yet together in one cause. Only God can gel that!
Was tired but very encouraged. Hope to see more friends recieve Christ too...! sometimes when i become frightened.. i try to remember the lifes of the people that have changed because someone shared to them... YY, Sharon, Shiyan and so many others. MUst keep going. IN life example and in sharing! haha... (must jiayou in studies too!)
Pearline
No comments:
Post a Comment